I can’t believe it’s June already! Time flies when you’re having fun… and also when you’re promoting a community energy scheme which will help schools and community buildings save money on their energy bills, save carbon and help children learn about energy and climate change.
Over the past few weeks, we have been out and about across Greater Manchester spreading the word about the project – from a car boot sale in Partington and vegan fair in Chorlton to a film premiere in Salford and a sober morning rave in Manchester!
I’m pleased to report that share applications now total over £43,000 when you include offline investments. That’s a great start, but we still have a long way to go before we reach our optimum target of £186,000.
Having said that, if everyone on our mailing list chipped in £250, we’d be more than half way to our target! 🙂
We have lots of activity planned for the rest of the month to get the message out about our project and share offer – do let us know if you’d like to help with any of them.
- Tonight we’ll be at the latest North West Sustainable Business Quarterly at 5.30pm at Citylabs (near the MRI on Nelson Street).
- On Saturday, you’ll find us at Didsbury Festival in Didsbury Park from 11am to 4pm.
- Also, it won’t have escaped you that we are competing with the EU Referendum for attention! They say if you can’t beat ’em, join ’em, so we’ll be at What has the EU ever done for Manchester’s environment? on Thursday 16 June at 6.30pm at the St Thomas Centre in Ardwick.
- And next weekend, we’re hoping to have a stall at Manchester Museum on Saturday and we’ll be out and about at the Manchester Day Parade on Sunday.
Thank you and keep sharing!
Finally a big thank you to everyone who has invested so far. If you’ve not had chance yet, please do consider applying for shares as soon as you can as this will really help to build momentum and encourage others to invest as we approach the 30 June deadline.
Please also keep sharing details of our project with your friends, family, colleagues and acquaintances, and encouraging them to join and invest too – here are some links you might want to share:
- Website: http://www.gmcr.org.uk
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WeAreGMCR
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/WeAreGMCR
- Crowdfunder: http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/gmcr
- YouTube: https://youtu.be/6ruHiaBt2EA
And don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.