*** APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED ***
We are seeking a consultant to design and deliver a programme of community engagement to provide energy saving advice
Project milestones and timescales
Project start: From May 2020
Initial conversations with sites completed: 30 June 2020
Activity programme drawn up and collateral identified / developed: 30 September 2020
Energy engagement: From October 2020
Project completes: 31 March 2022
Who we are
Greater Manchester Community Renewables Limited (GMCR) is a community benefit society, set up and run by volunteers to install community-owned solar panels across Greater Manchester. The panels are held for the benefit of the community, and any surpluses go into a community fund to support local carbon reduction, energy efficiency and environmental education projects.
GMCR would like to amplify its impact by supporting our site partners and the communities close by to save energy.
GMCR is seeking a partner who can develop and deliver projects to support local communities in saving energy at home and at school, measuring their results. GMCR’s sites are listed in the appendix.
Objectives and Required Outputs
Primary Objective – Community engagement activity
- Provide energy efficiency information to members of the community around our sites, encouraging them to save energy and reduce carbon through face to face engagement
- Build a community of energy savers by following up online and through social media
- Support our sites to reduce their own carbon footprints further by arranging energy audits, accessing funding for energy saving measures and procuring the energy efficiency work identified (Note: there is a separate budget for energy audits)
- Project management of specialist educational support to help pupils learn about the climate emergency and energy efficiency so that they can take these messages home (Note there is a separate budget for specialist educational support)
Develop volunteer capacity for future community engagement work
- Share knowledge, resources and volunteering opportunities at existing GMCR volunteer meetings
- Create a toolkit of resources for volunteers to use to run their own energy efficiency engagement activities to ensure there is a legacy once the project concludes
- Collect contact details of people engaged (in order to measure energy savings) on behalf of GMCR in a GDPR compliant manner
- Quarterly reporting of activity undertaken including the following metrics:
- Number of parents engaged with energy efficiency advice
- Number and type of energy efficiency pledges recorded
- Follow up surveys to identify what energy efficiency measures have been installed / amount of money saved
- Number of referrals to deep energy efficiency services (e.g. Carbon Co-op)
- Energy efficiency measures installed in schools and associated savings
- Amount of Salix funding secured.
Please provide the following information by 5pm on 30 April 2020:
- Full details of your proposed approach including the number of events to be held;
- Details of proposed staff including qualifications;
- Relevant organisation and staff experience;
- Detailed costs;
- Contact details for 2 referees for previous similar work.
Please limit bids to a maximum of 10 pages.
Contact details for bids
We are open to discussing potential tenders. Please send bids and any queries to:
Kate Eldridge, Director, Greater Manchester Community Renewables Ltd
Appendix – Location of GMCR solar arrays
- Fiddlers Lane Primary School, Irlam
- Irlam Primary School
- Primrose Hill Primary School, Ordsall
- The Fuse, Partington
- Broadoak Primary School, Swinton
- Peel Hall Primary School, Little Hulton
- Monton Green Primary School
- Springwood Primary School, Swinton
- Chesham Primary School, Bury